Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your use of the websites, mobile applications and services (collectively, the “Services”) provided by CarPlace Malaysia (as defined below).
These Terms applies to all users of the Services, including without limitation users who are sellers, buyers, merchants, or contributors of content, information and other materials. If you are entering into this agreement for and on behalf of a business entity, and the term “you” in this agreement shall mean the business entity on whose behalf you are using the Services, unless the context does not permit.
These Terms are between you and CarPlace Malaysia or between you and any different service provider identified for a particular Service.
By using the Services in any manner, including but not limited to visiting or browsing the Services, you agree to observe and be bound by these Terms and the additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink.
CarPlace Malaysia reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time. You will be deemed to have agreed to the amended Terms by your continued use of the Services following the date on which the amended Terms are posted here.
If you have any questions, please contact us at https://carplace.com.my/contact-us
2.Use of the Services
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, CarPlace Malaysia grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable (with or without cause), non-transferable right and license to use the Services.
You shall use the Services in accordance with these Terms and shall not:
- Upload any Content (as defined below) that violates or infringes another party’s rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark or any other intellectual property right.
- Copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, decrypt, interfere with, or disrupt the integrity or the performance of the Services.
- Make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation or derivative work from the Services.
- Violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with your access or use of the Services.
- Use the Services in violation of or to circumvent any sanctions or embargo.
- Remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright and trademark) of CarPlace Malaysia or its affiliates, partners, suppliers or licensors.
- Use the Services for any purpose for which it is not designed or intended.
- Use the Services to create or promote a product, service or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for the Services or any services, product or software offered by CarPlace Malaysia.
- Use any proprietary information or interfaces of CarPlace Malaysia or any other intellectual property of CarPlace Malaysia in the design, development, manufacture, licensing or distribution of any application, accessories or devices for use with the Services.
- Use the Services to send, post, or otherwise communicate any Content which is offensive, indecent, threatening, abusive, insulting, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, obscene, profane, invasive of another person’s privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Use the Services to send automated, unsolicited or unauthorised messages, advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam or chain letters.
- Upload to, or transmit through the Services any data, file, software or link that contains or redirects to a virus, Trojan horse, worm or other harmful components.
- Use any scraper, robot, bot, spider, crawler or any other automated device or means to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Services, or any data or content found or access through the Services.
- Collect, use and/or disclose any information in respect of other users without their consent.
- Attempt to and/or engage in any activity or act that is intended to abuse, abuses or inappropriately manipulates any promotion, campaign and/or discount codes offered through the Services. Such act and activities include but are not limited to: creating fake or duplicate accounts; generating fake orders; buying and reselling your own inventory.
- Authorise or encourage anyone to do any of the foregoing.
CarPlace Malaysia reserves the right to claw back any cashbacks, prizes and/or amounts paid to you under any event, promotion, offers, campaign and any other activities and/or terminate or suspend your account, if you are subsequently found or suspected to be engaged in any activity or act that is in breach of these Terms, our guidelines, any additional terms and conditions and policies.
You would need to have an account with CarPlace Malaysia (“Account”) in order to use some parts of the Services. When you create an Account, you represent and warrant that:
- If you are an individual, you are at least 18 years of age.
- If you are representing a company, organisation or any other legal entity (“Entity”), you have authority to bind the Entity to these Terms.
- You are capable of entering into and performing legally binding contracts under applicable law.
- All information which you provide is accurate, up to date, truthful and complete.
If you are under 18 years of age, you may only use the Services with the consent of and under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian who shall be responsible for all your activities.
You are responsible for all activities and transactions under your Account. We will not be responsible in any way if your password and/or Account are misappropriated or used by a third party. You, therefore agree to:
- Keep your password secure.
- Keep your account information up to date at all times.
Unless expressly permitted by CarPlace Malaysia and subject to these Terms and any other additional terms as CarPlace Malaysia determines, you shall not set up multiple Accounts. You shall not lend, transfer or sell your Account or user ID to another party and must not use another user’s Account without their permission.
4.CarPlace Malaysia is a Venue
The Services provide a venue for users to interact with each other, and to buy and sell items. CarPlace Malaysia does not pre-screen users or the Content provided by a user, nor is CarPlace Malaysia directly involved in transactions between users. Consequently, CarPlace Malaysia has no control over, and you agree that CarPlace Malaysia is not responsible or liable for, any of the following:
- The quality, safety, morality or legality of any aspect of the items listed.
- The truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to pay for items.
- The true identity, age, nationality, or sense of humour of a user.
- Any Content posted by users.
You are encouraged to use the features and functions available on the Services to communicate with other users and/or to find out more about an item which a user has put up for sale. However, please exercise common sense and good judgment in your interactions with other users. While CarPlace Malaysia endeavours to keep the Services safe for everyone, your use of the Services and your interactions with other users is entirely at your own risk.
The Services allow users to create listings and share content, such as photos, videos, comments, data, text, links and other information (“Content”).
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for the Content which you post or share on or through the Services and any loss or damage which you sustain as a result of such Content is solely your responsibility.
You acknowledge that CarPlace Malaysia does not pre-screen Content uploaded by users. CarPlace Malaysia shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available on the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, CarPlace Malaysia shall have the right to remove Content, without liability or the obligation to offer a refund, in any of the following events:
- If the Content is in breach of these Terms.
- If CarPlace Malaysia has received a complaint or notice of infringement in respect of the Content.
- If the Content is otherwise objectionable.
CarPlace Malaysia may also block Content and the delivery of a communication (including, without limitation, feedback, postings, messages and/or chats) to or from the Services as part of efforts to protect the Services or users, or to otherwise enforce these Terms.
6.Selling and Buying on CarPlace Malaysia
In using the Services to create a listing and offer an item for sale, post a job opening and/or offer a service (as the case may be), you agree to comply with the following:.
- You must provide a fair, accurate and complete description of each item, including your price for the item.
- Each item, job opening and/or offer of services must have its own listing.
- Your listing for an item may only include text, descriptions, graphics, images and other content relevant to the item. All Content contained in a listing must be true, complete, accurate and not misleading in any manner whatsoever.
- All items, job opening and/or offer of services must be listed in the appropriate category. All job listings must comply with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines or policies and any notices, guidelines and/or policies.
- Where a specific attribute (“Specific Attribute”) in your job listing has to be included and where the Special Attribute may be viewed as discriminatory, you shall ensure that the Specific Attribute is a reasonable requirement for the job listed. You must provide the reason for requiring the Specific Attribute in your job listing.
- Any links included in your listing leads to your personal or corporate website and must not include any links to third party websites.
You acknowledge and agree that CarPlace Malaysia has no control over any website other than the CarPlace Malaysia website and shall not in any event be responsible or held liable for any expired job listing which appears on any website other than the CarPlace Malaysia website or any expired job listing which is retrieved by any search engine.
Without prejudice to the rest of these Terms and CarPlace Malaysia’s policies, you warrant, in respect of each job opportunity, services and/or item which you offer for sale on the Services (as the case may be), that:
- You are the owner of the item, and the item is not stolen.
- The item is not counterfeit and does not infringe upon any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
- The sale of the item complies with all laws and regulations which apply to that item.
- The item is not dangerous, hazardous or subject to a recall by a government or manufacturer.
- All selection criteria stated in a job listing are clear, objective and relevant and does not refer to age, race, language, gender, marital status and religion, except where it is a Specific Attribute.
The Content in any listing does not infringe or violate any applicable laws and regulations, the intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of a third party.
All offers made and accepted through the Services are binding.
If you are a seller who has accepted a buyer’s offer for an item:
- You agree to ship the item or otherwise complete the transaction with the buyer in a prompt manner unless there is an exceptional circumstance, for instance, if the buyer fails to meet the terms of your listing (such as payment method), or you cannot authenticate the buyer’s identity.
- You may charge reasonable shipping and handling fees to cover the costs for packaging and mailing the item. However, you must not charge excessive shipping fees or otherwise avoid fees.
- You may not alter the item’s price after a sale, or misrepresent the item’s location and price.
If you are a buyer whose offer for an item has been accepted by a seller, you agree to make prompt payment to the seller for the item, unless there is an exceptional circumstance, for instance, if you are cannot authenticate the seller’s identity.
In communicating with a user through the Services for the offering of or acceptance of a job listing and/or services or purchase or sale of an item (each, a “Transaction”), you may obtain personal information of that user, such as their email address, phone number and mailing address. Without obtaining prior permission of the user, you shall use such information solely for the purpose of the Transaction.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, as CarPlace Malaysia is not involved in Transactions which are considered solely between users, CarPlace Malaysia cannot ensure that a user (whether as a buyer or seller) would follow through and complete a Transaction.
Any person who operates a business for the purpose of supply of goods or services via our Platforms is required, under the Consumer Protection (Electronic Trade Transactions) Regulations 2012 of Malaysia, to disclose, to the best of their knowledge and belief, the following information:
- The name of the person who operates a business for the purpose of supply of goods or services through our Platforms, or the name of the business, or the name of the company.
- The registration number of the business or company, if applicable.
- The e-mail address and telephone number, or address of the person who operates a business for the purpose of supply of goods or services through CarPlace Malaysia.
- A description of the main characteristics of the goods or services.
- The full price of the goods or services including transportation costs, taxes and any other costs.
- The method of payment.
- The terms and conditions.
- The estimated time of delivery of the goods or services to the buyer.
You acknowledge and agree that the Services and all copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights associated therewith are, and shall remain, the property of CarPlace Malaysia. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that the source and object code of the Services and the format, directories, queries, algorithms, structure and organization of the Services are the intellectual property and proprietary and confidential information of CarPlace Malaysia. You are not granted any intellectual property rights in and to the Services not expressly granted in these Terms and such rights are hereby reserved and retained by CarPlace Malaysia.
The Services may utilise or include third party software that is subject to open source and third party licence terms (“Third Party Software”). You acknowledge and agree that your right to use such Third Party Software as part of the Services is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the open source and third party licenses applicable to such Third Party Software, including, without limitation, any applicable acknowledgements, licence terms and disclaimers contained therein. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the terms of such open source or third party licences, the terms of the open source or third party licences shall prevail with regard to your use of the relevant third party software. In no event shall the Services or components thereof be deemed to be open source or publicly available software.
You are not authorised by CarPlace Malaysia to use CarPlace Malaysia’s trademarks in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of CarPlace Malaysia, which may be withheld for any or no reason.
You acknowledge and agree that the Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, and that your use of or reliance upon the Services and any content, products or services accessed or obtained thereby is at your sole risk and discretion.
CarPlace Malaysia does not represent or warrant that: (a) the use of the Services will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error free or that they will be compatible or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data; (b) the Services will meet your requirements or expectations; (c) errors or defects in the Services will be corrected; or (d) the Services and CarPlace Malaysia’s servers are free of viruses or other harmful components.
All conditions, representations and warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, are hereby excluded and disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted under the law.
The Services may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications (including problems inherent to the computer or electronic device you use). CarPlace Malaysia is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, damages, or losses resulting from such problems.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from CarPlace Malaysia or from the Services shall create any representation, warranty or guarantee. Furthermore, you acknowledge that CarPlace Malaysia has no obligation to support or maintain the Services.
CarPlace Malaysia disclaims any and all liability or responsibility in relation to the content made available through the Services, including but not limited to the Content uploaded by users or the third party content and services. CarPlace Malaysia is not responsible or liable in any manner for the third party content and services associated with or utilised in connection with the Services, including the failure of such third party content and services.
In addition, the Services may promote, advertise or sponsor functions, events, offers, competitions or other activities which may be conducted online or offline and which may be conducted by third parties. These activities may be subjected to separate terms and conditions; your participation in such activities is solely at your digression and risk. CarPlace Malaysia does not accept any responsibility in connection with your participation in activities conducted by any other party.
10.Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR ONLY RIGHT WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROBLEMS OR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES IS TO REQUEST FOR TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND/OR DISCONTINUE ANY USE OF THE SERVICES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CARPLACE MALAYSIA OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES OR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND SERVICES, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR CONDUCT OR THE CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DEATH, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND/OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OR PERSONS YOU MEET THROUGH THE SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT THE DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT CARPLACE MALAYSIA WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, CARPLACE MALAYSIA’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FEES RECEIVED BY CARPLACE MALAYSIA IN RESPECT OF THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIMS OR, WHERE RELEVANT, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF SINGAPORE DOLLARS THEN STANDING TO THE CARPLACE MALAYSIA COINS IN YOUR ACCOUNT. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
You will indemnify and hold harmless CarPlace Malaysia, its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers, licensors, shareholders, officers, employees, independent contractors and agents and all successors and/or assigns from and against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, damages, losses, costs and expenses resulting from: (a) your use of the Services; (b) your Content; (c) any use of your Account; (d) your breach of these Terms; (e) your breach of any statutory requirement, duty or law; or (f) your violation of any rights of another person or entity.
CarPlace Malaysia does not warrant that the Services will be compatible or interoperable with your device or any other piece of hardware, software, equipment or device installed on or used in connection with your device. Furthermore, you acknowledge that compatibility and interoperability problems can cause the performance of your device to diminish or fail completely, and may result in permanent damage to your device, loss of data located on your device, and corruption of the software and files located on your device. You acknowledge and agree that CarPlace Malaysia and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors shall have no liability to you for any losses suffered resulting from or arising in connection with compatibility or interoperability problems.
13.Sub-contracting by CarPlace Malaysia
CarPlace Malaysia reserves the right to delegate, sub-contract or otherwise arrange for any related corporations, service providers, partners, subcontractors and/or agents to perform any part of the Services as CarPlace Malaysia deems appropriate.
You and CarPlace Malaysia are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is held unenforceable, then such provision will be modified to reflect the parties’ intention. All remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, any failure by CarPlace Malaysia to exercise a right or require performance of an obligation in these Terms shall not affect CarPlace Malaysia’s ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach of these Terms constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
You shall not assign any rights or delegate any obligations herein without our prior written consent and any attempted assignment or delegation in contravention of this provision shall be null and void and of no force or effect.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and CarPlace Malaysia and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings and/or agreements between you and CarPlace Malaysia.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
You hereby agree that the laws of Malaysia shall govern this Terms and that the courts of Malaysia shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
Last updated on 31 October 2020